We're seeking awesome samaritans willing to grant the following. Most desired items are highlighted in blue:
- Discounted scanning &/or printing services for victims in the NJ/NY area
- 1TB external harddrives. Our two 500G back-ups are maxed out!
- High-speed internet stipend
- Skype credit
- Landline or Cell Phone stipend
- Frames + Albums for restored photos
- Photographic prints of restored photos
- Portable harddrives/ thumbdrives
- Photocopying services
- Envelopes/ mailing labels
- Postage stipend
- Gift Certificates of every variety to assist needy families in other ways
- PR gurus to help spread word on blogs/web forums
- Fabulous press (!!!)
- *Indoor event spaces (for CARE Scanning Events)
- *Bus or van! (for CARE Scanning Events)
- *Coffee & snacks (for volunteers at CARE Scanning Events)
- MACbooks (for CARE Scanning Events)
- *Transportation stipends (for CARE Scanning Events)
- *Flatbed scanners (for CARE Scanning Events)
- Mailing list services
- Portable generator
- Button maker
- Web hosting
*Events on hiatus at this time.
I'm ready to sponsor or donate equipment or services. What now?
Fantastic! Please get in touch to discuss details. Place the phrase "CARE DONOR" or "CARE SPONSOR" in your subject line, so as to best filter your communication. Be sure to provide your phone number as well as preferred day/time to speak. We'll reciprocate by phone or e-mail ASAP.
Is CARE for Sandy seeking cash donations?
CARE for Sandy is not a federally registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charity, which means it cannot accept cash contributions, lest its founder become responsible for all proceeds when the tax man comes a knockin' every April. It’s a grassroots effort, currently being coordinated/ web administrated/ designed/ written/ ideated by a team of one from a home office in Park Slope, Brooklyn, with the help of 2 fabulous part-time staff members. To raise funds for victims is one of our future goals.